THE REMOTE TRIP LTD
Last Update: November 23, 2018
This privacy notice applies to the personal data of consumers that are collected or used by THE REMOTE TRIP LTD or its affiliates or subsidiaries. THE REMOTE TRIP LTD appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products, and services by visiting our websites, https://www.theremotetrip.com/ or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels. This privacy notice applies to all the personal data that THE REMOTE TRIP LTD collects when you interact with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, such as when you visit our websites, when you use the products or services offered by THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, when you purchase THE REMOTE TRIP LTD products or services, when you subscribe to newsletters, when you contact customer support, and when you interact with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD as a business customer, supplier or business partner, etc. This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data.
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
- Buying THE REMOTE TRIP LTD products and services online;
- Receiving information about THE REMOTE TRIP LTD products and services;
- Participating in THE REMOTE TRIP LTD online and offline communities, including, but not limited to, our social media channels/pages and blogs;
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from THE REMOTE TRIP LTD;
- Helping us to develop products and services and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimize customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing THE REMOTE TRIP LTD to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product and services issues;
When you deal with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD on behalf of a business customer, supplier, or business partner, we ask you to provide us with personal data for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
- Managing customer relationships
- Facilitating information access
- Enhancing communications
- Analyzing and understanding customer interactions
- Implementing security programs
- Answering your questions or the resolution of your product and service requests as well as informing you about the status thereof
- Presenting you with a satisfaction survey after your question is answered or the request is resolved
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, for instance by signing up for newsletters, purchasing a product or service with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, or interacting with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD via one of our channels, e.g. “like us on Facebook”, we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your social media profile;
- Your gender;
- Your age;
- Information about the products and services you have purchased;
- Your usage of and activities on our THE REMOTE TRIP LTD channels;
- Your interests; and
- Other information related to your online behavior.
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- The web pages you visit on our websites;
- The advertisements you’ve viewed or clicked through;
When you interact with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD on behalf of a business customer, supplier or business partner of THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, we may collect:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your picture
- Your IP address
- Your business address
- Name and address of the company you work for
- Personal details that may come up in the scope of the business relationship, e.g. your hobbies, age.
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering as a member of THE REMOTE TRIP LTD;
- Registering a purchase or service;
- Your communications with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests that you addressed to us;
- Communicating with one of our THE REMOTE TRIP LTD Customer Service representatives by email, phone or in writing;
- Ordering a product or service;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
- Participating in a social media activity related to a THE REMOTE TRIP LTD promotion, e.g. clicking “like” or “share”;
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to a THE REMOTE TRIP LTD newsletter;
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
- Social sign-on, e.g. using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or log on;
- When using THE REMOTE TRIP LTD connected products/services and/or apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, e.g. sharing your usage data or your location data;
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
- Social Listening: THE REMOTE TRIP LTD may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
When you interact with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD as a business customer, supplier or business partner:
- Registering purchases
- Provisions of services with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD
- Communications with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD
- Developing partnerships
- When accessing THE REMOTE TRIP LTD facilities or systems
- Participating in fairs, events or promotions
- Voluntarily participating in testing or surveys
Personal data may also reach us when we purchase another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want THE REMOTE TRIP LTD to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners, and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
For example, THE REMOTE TRIP LTD may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (business partner). The agreements with these business partners will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded. We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts.
THE REMOTE TRIP LTD may also disclose your data to other companies such as IT and communications service providers, testing companies, data management support partners and other parties bearing a necessary relationship for THE REMOTE TRIP LTD to provide its services.
When you interact with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD as a business customer, supplier or business partner, THE REMOTE TRIP LTD may disclose personal data available in reports and other materials provided by you and/or your company pursuant to an engagement with another business partner and/or a supplier.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
THE REMOTE TRIP LTD will disclose personal data only in conformance with this privacy notice and/or when required by law.
From time to time, THE REMOTE TRIP LTD may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
You may, under applicable law, have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from THE REMOTE TRIP LTD, please follow the opt-out instructions contained in each such communication or any time by contacting us at [email protected] Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of certain non-marketing communications about your account or communications that are reasonably necessary to provide services to you, and that opting-out of receiving text messages or other communications, as applicable, may impact your use of THE REMOTE TRIP LTD platform or may limit THE REMOTE TRIP LTD’s ability to provide services to you.
Please note that it may take up some time for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems following confirmation of your request to opt-out. Therefore, you may still receive certain communications during this period.
We want to know you better so that we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
If you do not want us to send you personalized offers or information, you can let us know by ticking the appropriate box on the registration form or reply card where applicable, or by selecting “unsubscribe” on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to “opt-in” before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
Do Not Track Signals
THE REMOTE TRIP LTD takes privacy and security very seriously and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. THE REMOTE TRIP LTD utilizes cookies to help you to get the most out of THE REMOTE TRIP LTD pages.
Please be aware that THE REMOTE TRIP LTD currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work as intended.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the THE REMOTE TRIP LTD pages), certain personal data may be shared with THE REMOTE TRIP LTD about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, username, photo, comments, and content you have posted/shared etc.).
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across THE REMOTE TRIP LTD websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from THE REMOTE TRIP LTD and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-THE REMOTE TRIP LTD-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
THE REMOTE TRIP LTD may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of THE REMOTE TRIP LTD by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. THE REMOTE TRIP LTD makes use of organizational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar but in no way less restrictive requirements. on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your personal data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to THE REMOTE TRIP LTD from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. THE REMOTE TRIP LTD uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, and secure servers, and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.
Changes to this privacy notice
The services that THE REMOTE TRIP LTD provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that THE REMOTE TRIP LTD provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using THE REMOTE TRIP LTD pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
How to contact us
For all your privacy concerns, you can contact us via [email protected]